6.8.06

It's One!

A horrible image-eating accident combined with inept technical aid over at another blogging service, forced me to start a new blog here at Blogger. And here it is. This is the one-year anniversary of Mon trou. In honour of being able to "consider the requirement met," finally finding freezer paper (among the Shabot candles in the Kosher section), and this little anniversary, I thought that I'd try out some new techniques.
Technique 1: gel medium transfer. Inspired by the recent work of the infinitely inspiring Victoria, I finally executed the anatomical heart deco page that had been floating in my head since, like, ever. Of course, I had to get some paper heart action going on the page as well. Gel medium (duh), acrylics, shibori, chiyogami, origami paper, pearl paper.
Technique 2: freezer paper stencil. Here's a goldfish stencil. Watercolours and acrylics.
Technique 3 isn't really a technique. I finally bought some self-leveling gel and painted this beautiful, yet terrifying flower. I suppose that it's a cross between a venus fly trap and a chysanthemum.

And now it's time to do some work on the chapter. That trip for an Orangina has taken much longer than I had anticipated.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oooh I love that scary flower!

Cellissimo said...

All are beautiful! I love the goldfish!