4.8.06

I Am Officially out of Practice

After receiving the wonderful, wonderful news that "the requirement has been met" (squeal!), I have some free time to do my paid work and some art. The paid work will pay for my cute new sneakers (pictures eventually), but the art? Oi. The art. I'm out of practice. I don't know what supplies I own any more, I don't really want to figure it out, and my colour-mixing skills, which were on the verge of being mad, no longer exist. Sigh.

I have been doodling and drawing again, which is nice. Ptichka and I are finally going to succumb to the evil lure of Yes Asia (and I think that we might be dragging Miss Fish into this den of cute Japanese craft vice along with us because once you have one Japanese craft book, you cannot stop) and place an order this weekend. I'm torn between the following books: Paper and Paper (although I'd really love this one instead, but Yes Asia doesn't have it and I'm unwilling to order from amazon.jp...yet), Freehand Embroidery, and this embroidery book. I am definitely getting this book from Salvia, which isn't a craft book but it is very pretty.

And, I made a postcard last night. That's it above and to the left. It's been a while since I sat at my other work table and made something, but it felt nice. I should do it again. And more often. The PC features acrylics, watercolours, and some Sharpie. Woohee, it looks like I've been studying at the Georgia O'Keefe School of Art.

There's nothing below the fold.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

YesAsia might be deadly but so far I have managed to buy just one book and then stop. But I keep looking and wanting!
Love the postcard- those are my fav colors.

congrats again on the requirement meeting. What a piece of good news!

Zhenia said...

Ptichka and I bought five Japanese craft books while we were in Seattle. It hasn't blown into a full-flown addiction...yet, but I'm afraid that if the YesAsia ordering goes well, I'm going to start ordering off amazon.jp or some of the smaller sites based in Japan next. Eek!

I was so relieved to be able to stop studying French. Phew. Of course, I'm bringing Le petit Nicolas with me on vacation.

Victoria Koldewyn said...

hey! a big hearty slap on the back congratulations to you!!! I'm glad you are drawing/painting too....I like your vulvular/larval/art deco beaded curtain. And I am very much looking forward to seeing a pic of your new sneaks. I luuurve shoes. I just don't have the budget for very many.