- Deciding what to make for dinner usually involves reading a cookbook.
- When you decide not to read for a week, the new Martha Stewart Living and your wife’s Am@zon order featuring three new cookbooks will arrive to taunt you. (a)
- You’ll decide “screw this” and look through A Year in a Vegetarian Kitchen for Tuesday’s dinner. (b)
- The one e-mail that you decide to answer while breaking your non-dissertation-reading ban will come back to bite you in the ass. (c)
- Marking homework is boring. (d)
- I’m lazy. (e)
- I can sleep as much as the neighbour’s cat.
- I have a very active imagination.
- I’d make a lousy cop on a cop show (see number 8). (f; g)
- I can still avoid writing without the internet (see numbers 6, 7, 8, and 9). (h)
- I have a lot of work to do before I’m happy being me. (i)
a. I have since devoured the magazine, all of A Year in a Vegetarian Kitchen, and Martha Stewart’s Baking Hanbook. I. Am. Hungry. Mangoes and Curry Leaves is still untouched because it arrived shrink-wrapped and Ptichka hasn't opened it yet.
b. Dinner was twice-baked sweet potatoes with coconut milk, Thai curry, and spianch. They were deeelish!
c. I am going to be doing the final page in a lemon-lime deco by Kelli so my truancy is her great good luck.
d. Oh god, is it ever boring. My bookbag is about ten pounds lighter now, though. I really should assign less homework.
e. No, really, I’m laaaazy.
f. Some girls daydream about being a princess or something. My daydreams always vacillate between being someone in an Armani skirt suit and hot knee-high boots with a gun who can kick ass and a theatre director.
g. I’m the person who always yells at the suspect, who is usually poor and often a visible minority, to “Get a lawyer!" or "Make the cop get a warrant!” when the cop on any variety of cop shows tells the person that if he/she had nothing to hide, it couldn't hurt to let the cop look through his/her apartment/car trunk/DNA. Seriously. That line always pisses me off. I always skip over the interrogation parts in my law-enforcement-related fantasies because they make me feel so dishonest. Hmmm...maybe I need to consider being a spy. They're sexier anyway...
h. I am that awesome at procrastination.
i. This is the point when I post this and then get my butt outside. I need some corn tortillas and poblano chiles. Kensington, here I come! And then maybe I'll stroll down Spadina and buy some sequins. I want sequins!