30.6.06

My spread in an imaginary lands deco. If it looks vaguely familiar, it's because the shapes of the mountains are similar to those in a piece of katazome I posted a couple of months ago. The clouds are my own addition.

Let's see, I used part of the background technique from the summer issue of CPS for the background, my old stand-by washi collage technique for the mountains, and finally much acrylic paint for the mountain tops and clouds. I find the piece very calming.

It's time to get back to work on the introduction. I'm still not happy with it at all. At all! It's come down to those magical sentences and paragraphs that connect big, complex ideas with one another. I pretty much suck at abstraction. And abstraction + abstraction = mess. The task calls on my depleted reserves of fancy-pants English-language terms, which constantly reminds me that I'm a jack of all languages but a master of none. Cripes, how depressing.

At least it's Canada Day tomorrow. We're going over to see les boys and their newly redone foundation and sidewalk. We'll also ooh and ahh at their garden and drink to much. Good times. Good times.

Have a great weekend all!

1 comment:

Zhenia said...

Nice to meet you too.

The picture's 5.5" x 8"