13.2.06

Weekend Art Journaling

I'm part of an art journal round robin at the moment that has been giving me fits. I could never come up with anything to do in them. Now that I have a bigger project to work on, I use the journals passing through my hands to try stuff out. This pretty much sums up how I feel about my linguistic abilities at the moment. Yes, the English is that foggy. The Japanese is nearly forgotten. The Russian and the Czech get in each others' way. I left off French because that's not some pointless academic exercise, it's my life. We'll ignore the fact that I don't use the verb "ĂȘtre" in the present tense because Russian tells me that my non-native tongues do not use "to be" in the present tense. I may do a page later where I cut out every form of "to be" in a page of French text and see where that gets me. Oh, the joy!

There's nothing below the fold.

No comments: