Last night, as Ptichka and I waited for our dinner, we started (okay, well I started) talking about what we'd like to do artistically next year. (Incidentally, Ptichka wants to make boxes next year). This was probably in part spurred by the compiling of our respective Amazon and Dick Blick wishlists for my family. I asked for quite a few art books (both eye candy and instructional) and my art supply list is pretty good too.
1. Reduce my involvement in the deco world. I think that I'm going to start focusing on round robins and topics I really, really, really love. I'm tired of the in-and-out ethic of the deco world. It's exhausting and not conducive to great work, I find. Also, if I find another vintage lady sitting in my mailbox, I'll scream.
2. Try oil paints. I love the way they look. They're instant depth and luminosity.
3. Work on book-binding. I'd like to get into hard-cover books and try my hand at artist books again.
4. Work on printmaking. I'm still such a novice.
5. Keep an actual sketchbook/artist's journal. I suck at this type of thing but everything else is falling into place and I find that once I've got my shit together in one area, everything else just sort of happens. Why is that?
6. Keep working on collaborative projects. Hopefully this'll be easier once Uncharted is up and running.
7. Get back into collage. But in a good way.
8. Work on water colour technique. I'm still such a novice in this too.
9. Work on drawing. I've actually improved. I'd like to start going to life drawing sessions with Ptichka on Sundays next year.
10. Try to sell something handmade this year. You know, just for shits and giggles.
So, that's my list. I'm curious, what's on your artistic list for the new year? Anything you're going to try? Anything you're going to work on?