8.8.05

My help request at GJ has been changed to a private question, which means that whoever deleted my album will actually have to tell me why all sixty-five of my scans were deleted. I can think of a reason why they would have deleted a couple of my scans, but not all of them. I think that I may just stay over here no matter what I'm told, however. I can actually alter these templates with ease. Maybe I'll play with the colour scheme in a bit. And I like having a sidebar.

I'm on a bird streak at the moment. In fact, I suspect that I'll always be on a bird streak. Birds and botanicals will be my two constant companions. To the left is one of my first decos. I made it for my first ever deco-group swap in my first ever deco group. The basic theme was blue. I decided to do a deco on the bluebird of happiness. Should anyone receive this deco, any bluebird will do. I don't need any references to Maeterlink. Really. Spare me. More importantly, spare yourself. The idea was stolen from my first ever (lots of firsts here) issue of Marie Claire Maison, which had a story about all the new fabrics available in France. They used technical drawings and then cut away the body of whatever was featured and inserted fabric. The body of my bird isn't fabric, it's a paper from the JPP that Ptichka and I have been hoarding for a while. The cover is made from mulberry paper. The pages are water colour paper in a stub binding. It was my first deco so I figured that I should go all out. I wonder where it is now.

And this is an example of birds today. I'm working on my realistic drawing in my art journals and doing more cartoony things for other people. These drawings also give me an opportunity to work on things like shading because the best cartoony drawings still have shading and perspective. To the right is a "page" from a bookmark deco I received a couple of weeks ago. I'm planning on swiping this idea shortly for one of my own decos. Who can have too many bookmarks? Not me! I also want to do a tag deco. Hmmmm....and Staples supposedly has Sharpies on sale. Maybe I'll take a trip down University for some office supplies after I'm done with the diss today...

1 comment:

Zhenia said...

I received a message asking me to copy and paste the PM I should've received regarding my gallery. There was no PM, so I posted some more info stating as much. I'm still waiting for a response to that, however. The one scan I posted on Sunday is still there but we'll see for how long. Whoever deleted my gallery deleted the scan of my monster deco twice.